Thursday, January 17, 2008

Yet another rejection

Another day, another rejection! ...The rejection for my 45th application came through last night via SMS. I've already gone ahead and put in application 46. I've decided to try Big Pond again - not that I can see any success occurring *sigh*

I've been thinking about the next steps to take: i) letter writing to a few well know PC magazines and ii) the local neighbor letter drop.

After hearing about the Werribee saga that ended up with a local council meeting on the issue which had Telstra Reps just pushing NextG as an alternative is got me worried that all this will ended having no effect. God, 7 months down the track and it doesn't even feel like I'm getting any head way in this fight. It's been a stressful time. There's been things I was planning to do with the broadband at home like doing my online course work and updating my IT skills base; etc that I can't do. There's also the loss of many many hours of testing programs and working on some home grown projects. All gone to waste now.

The thing that gets me is the state of Australia's broadband - It's much worse than people relies. Every new estate is having the same issues of limited or no ports for ADSL. Some are as bad as our estate with no cable and no working wireless access along with the no ports. Blackspots are been created across the country and they don't seem to care that this is happening in 2008 - feels like we are heading back to the dark ages. Sounds like I'm making it sound worse than it is well, I hate to tell you this, it IS worse than this. I've done some research over last few months and I can tell you there are black spots everywhere - areas with no ports, areas without NextG coverage (I have seen it even on my moblie phone in Warrnambool, Victoria) , areas without any access to broadband at all; etc. When I get time I'll write up a mini report showing what I've found and believe me if people knew how bad the situation was they would be rope able.

No comments: