Friday, February 29, 2008

9 months today and my 60th application

Well I never thought it would take this long and still I'm faced with God knows how long to obtain that one port to give me access to ADSL at my house.

So this morning I'll be entering my 60th Application (16th with Big Pond). The question is will it now take more that 100 applications to get anywhere?

Yesterday a Customer relations manager ripped into me for applying so many times! She actually went and counted out aloud the numbers of orders from 1-15!!!I don't think they understood the whole "no waiting lists" for ports situation nor the fact we have no idea of the status of what is going on in the CMUX/RIM other than "no ports available" Nor did they realize it was actually 59 (as of yesterday) applications. She actually was trying to say "please stop applying" and miss out on a port? your kidding me!

This was part of a response to a TIO complaint I had made about the "your Big Pond Application has been successful..." status ...Actually the offical response: "it was a mistake" ..hmm why? That's the reason I had made the complaint. The CRM was in a fowl mood and very very rude. Never ever had to deal with someone so unfriendly on the phone before. Actually it's even worse than that as when I tried to make a point she would talk over me instead of listening ...for the record I was claim the whole time - actually I was shaken by the outright blasting she gave me ... Not impressed if this is the sort of level of customer service Telstra / Big Pond gives it's clients. Oh and the excuse was they had been in a bad mood all day - for God sake you should NEVER take out a bad day out on a customer.

In the end they where trying to offer a nextg solution as some discount -mind you trying to sign me up there and then - I explained it would be something I'd have to think about considering what they where offering was only 3 months free and a slightly bigger quota (no time periods even). There was no mention of actually pricing. Anyways, I'd rather have an offer made in writing before I make any decision... Word of mouth is not legal binding and they could change it without notice.

Since the call I have spoken to another contact in Telstra who was as surprised as I am with the treatment I received from the CRM.

Seesh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really sound like a little kid complaining. you can get broadband if youwant it, but you want a certain type of broadband. You also claim you need broadband, but have not taken up the alternatives
NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO A BROADBAND CONNECTION! GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD! IT IS NOT A GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO HAVE BROADBAND IN AUSTRALIA. IT NEVER HAS AND NEVER WILL BE! LIVE WITH IT!

You really just want it so you can download vast quantities of copyright material illegally!

mordie said...

Tm32: you are so so wrong. I need it for using my Linux systems and for other technology testing.

I find it insulting that you think all I want the net for is to "download vast quantities of copyright material illegally"

It's furtherest from the truth.

You try running 2 linux systems on a dial up system that drops randomly and is restricted to 31.2K

Seesh the alternatives are over priced for my technology needs. I work in IT, I need a descent quota for just getting updates and working with my linux systems. That's it.

I use to run my linux systen on a 56K modem in another house and I had no issues with it but that was on a copper line that was giving me a constant 48K speed -though it still slow for updating (updating usually took 24 hrs). The dial up I use now is the worth I've ever experienced. I've been using the net since the 1990's -yep 14.4k modems and that was way more better than this. It's that bad.

*sigh*